Monday, January 12, 2015

An abandoned home a long time ago


Sometimes the real treasures just appear. I wasn't looking for something like this, I didn't even know we had pictures of this kind. I was flicking through our archive, looking for Facebook-material, a fun part of my work, but then... These breathtakingly beautiful photos of someones abandoned home, since long tore down. Of course, taken strictly on official business, 1983, no intention of creating any ruin romance, but still, when I look at them now, 30 years later, the mood they set and the feelings the evoke are beyond words. Someone lived here. I don't know anything about them, nor the house, but by the time the photos were taken, it was ready for demolition. That's why it was documented. Left alone. Stunning. I wish I could go back in time...

Photo courtesy: Byantikvaren i Oslo/Oslo Cultural Management Office










1 comment:

sonatinca said...

Wonderful house! But why it was demolished?