Sunday, September 14, 2014

Lots and lots of hearts!


My weekend has been filled with hockey and more hockey, and I had to get up early Saturday (not exactly what you wish for when you're off work!), and I love hockey and we had great fun, but I didn't get to relax as much as I could wish for, and I saw Trym way too little to. 
...BUT....
My weekend started out the best possible way, "babysitting" my colleagues kids. The word "babysitting" is just SO wrong, they are not babies, and it's not like they need to be watched or taken care of in the way a babysitter-way, I should just say I was hanging out with Vilde and Mathias. We had so much fun! After having taco, we decided to make a chocolate cake, and the decorating ideas for our out-of-this-world-chocolate-cake got a little out of hand. Constant laughs! The cake turned out very tasty and very loaded, I had no voice when I got back home, as I had chatted too much. Watch us go through the process:







It's totally important to taste the quality of the dough. Below Vilde is making her famous chocolate truffles. 




The finished product. Decoration consists of whipped cream, caramel sauce, cake color, sweet jelly candy, sour jelly candy, jelly bellies, wine gum, a chupachup, pipes made of licorice, non-stop, sprinkle (lots of it) and of course, potato chips, laid out as the shape of a rose. Of course Mathias had even more ideas for it:D


Vilde made sure to photograph it all. The highlight was of course the firework, we just managed to finish the decoration and lit it up before mum got home. Thankfully we didn't set the place on fire. 



What a day! And thank you Vilde for the Instagram pics! Our cake was seriously the best ever!





No comments: