Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Homemade crispbread


Yesterday I finally made crispbread again. Crispbread like this are quite expensive if you are to buy them at the supermarket, but you don't have to give in to the evil consument business, as these crispbreads are really easy to make yourself. (I hope I've been able to translate all the ingredients correctly). 

Use a convection stove/stekeovn med varmluft. Preheat till 160 degrees. 

You need:
200 g sunflower seeds/solsikkekjerner
50 g sesame seed/sesamfrø
50 g linseed/linfrø
2,2 dl whole grain millet grit/hirseflak
2 tablespoons psyllium husk fiber/fiberhusk
5 dl lukewarm water


First, blend all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. 


Then, add the water and blend together. Leave the dough to rest for 15 minutes. It will swell and become less wet porridge, more dough. 



The dough goes onto two baking trays. Use a pizza slicer to cut the crisp breads into pieces of your choice. I like to add some seasalt to the top, but that's optional. 

Now our breads are ready to go into the oven,luckily they can be baked simultaneously. After 30 minutes, switch place of the trays and bake for another 30 minutes, 1 hour total. (This could vary, so check your breads from time to time. If they bake to long, they will be too crispy and break easily)



My finished pile of goodies. This batch ended up quite golden, I don't think they should bake any longer than this...



Easy, isn't it? What's your favorite topping? I love me some Jarlsberg cheese anytime. 

xoxo hope you are inspired to make your own crispbread now!


No comments: