Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Felix - the baldheaded lion, full story!


I promised you to reveal the full story about Felix - the lion with a bald patch on top of his head, and here it comes. I love vintage illustration and vintage childrens books,This one I bought random at Etsy a while ago and I'm so glad to be able to share it with you, as it has become a real favourite. Both text and the colorful, defined illustrations are by Kenneth Townsend and it was relased in 1968. 

I chose to photograph the book rather than scanning it, so you can get a better feeling of really reading a book, not just looking at a screen. Do you like it? What do you prefer? I plan to share more books and illustrations with you. Do you have any favorites? What inspires you? I would love to here about it! But now, here's Felix, Enjoy!


























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a favourite of mine when I was young and now I have a little boy I'm revisiting all these classic old picture books with him. So much better than the children's books in the shops these days!