Friday, July 4, 2014

Waiting for goodbye...


I love this house. It's resting quietly on its huge land, and time has stood still since the old wooden panels were covered and windows changed in the 60ies. (It was build around 1900.) An old lady had been living there for years, now she has moved, and the house is waiting to be demolished. No one knows when. It has soon been a year. This is a perfect example on how Oslo is developing at the moment. Houses! More houses! Now! Let's build in all the gardens and all the green areas in the outline city. There's no general plan, and we don't care what it will look like, we don't care that four new flats breaking into an old apple garden isn't the solution to Oslo's housing problem, it's of no avail. And so, perfectly good houses are going down, just to build new one on the same spot. That makes no sense, and don't get me started on the environmental aspect...

Here, some rich blokes has bought the land and are to build some two storey homes, a lot of them, real crowded, but the neighbors protest. The architect drawings weren't approved by authorities, back to scratch, the project is in a vacuum right now. I hope they never manage to build anything. This land is a treasure. Not just the lovely house, but the nature itself. They cut down the small forest, but still, the land is huge, right next to our driveway. When I took these photos, I met a deer, really up close. We have foxes and hares in our garden (yes, I know, but the hare hasn't been eaten yet), and who knows what other animals are living on the abandoned land, where the grass is never cut and everything grows freely. Yesterday, when I went to our local mini-shop to get some milk, the evening light was magnificent and soft. It was just before nine pm, and I had to stop and cherish it. You know my passion for abandoned places. I didn't break in (of course not!) but I photographed a little through the windows. Wish I could get inside though. Wish it so much! 





















No comments: