Saturday, May 24, 2014

In serious need of re-organization....


I do like my flat a lot. But I also like change. And right now, it's chaos at home. During my projects with my new animal friends (which is btw far from finished) I've realized my work spaces are not working. (Yes, in fact!) I store buttons in five different places, fabrics all over, I'm sewing on the dining table in the living room, and the ironing station is on the floor. I do enjoy being disorganized, I'm a whimsical person, but still... It would be nice to have a real workspace, not having to dig through fifty boxes (though cute boxes) every time I'm in need of something. Sorry for the bad photos, it was dark and rainy yesterday, but you get an idea about what my flat is like. (And that's even after I did some cleaning). First photo is from the craft room, but I never sit there, I end up in the living room instead (second photo). 


More photos of my craft mess makes it obvious something must be done. I don't know how to yet. I rent my flat, I can't bang down the wall between the two room, which would be ideal. I can't get rid of the terrible artificial materials on the walls and floor, 90-ies rehab, ugh! I want nothing but the real thing, oak, birch, teak, pine - ever lasting, I don't want new furniture, that breaks down and forces me to buy new ones. I shop second hand, in flea markets, of the internet, it's not environmental friendly to keep buying and buying new stuff. But, the flat is what it is.. I have to do the best I can with what I have. I got some small glass jars for storing from a thrift store yesterday (last photo) and started of really small by organizing embellishments. 


Of course I'm dreaming of a big loft with a roof like this and large windows, but....but....;)


I have some chairs in the basement though, saved from the dumpster, they look like semi-old school chairs, must find some use for them. I also have a project with light. Will share soon. While I keep thinking, I found some some inspiration. All from Mollie Makes, my favourite magazine!



I'm especially in love with the oversized wallflowers. They're from the Mollie Makes wedding special. I realized you didn't have to get married to enjoy all the great interior tips there.


First little project completed. Will find good use for the lovely, blue bowl. Will keep you posted on all development! 




No comments: