today I want to write about what to do when you so badly want to decorate your house....but have absolutely no space at all, and the place is so small you can't fit both a sofa and a bed in it at the same time.
my place is about 25m2, but I have big windows who gives me lots of light, and so, I'm inspired to make the best of it. of course, a big apartment would be nice, but I can't afford it, and it's fun to twist your brain to find clever solutions. here's some advice to smart decorating:
1. make sure you only keep stuff you really, really like, and want. you don't have to throw away all the other things, but it can be stored at your parents, in the garage or anywhere convenient. if you don't want to read a book again, you don't have to keep it in your book shelf. if you never invite 12 people over for dinner....you don't need dinner plates for 12. it's the everyday stuff that's important.
2. rotate your displays. if you love making small stillebens of f.i. fawns or mushrooms, then make them, but you also have to realise that all your decorations can't be up at the same time. keep your display there for a month or so...then change it to something new and fresh. if you love to shop new things, then this is the way to do it.
3. put shelfs on your wall, and put all kinds of fun stuff on them, that you can't find room to store elsewhere. if you haven't any more floor space for furniture, walls are perfect.
4. sort your books by size, not by colour or theme, this will save a lot of space!
5. when your closet is full, put away the seasonal clothes and store them somewhere else. you don't need woolen sweaters in the middle of summer. in other words: your clothes will rotate with season.
6. to create the perfect mood, change the elements that are easy to change; curtains, pillows, small lamps etc etc you will feel like your home is brand new, and you can even use the pillows when you go to sleep later.
7. look for furniture with more than one function; f.i. a sofa that turns into a bed at night. a desk that is also a storage space etc etc.
I will be back with photos from my little place, to give you some more ideas!!
***ps on friday, there will be an update on my etsy, stay tuned***